Saturday 3 October 2009

Mandy Prowse

Here is some of the mysterious and beautiful work of Mandy Prowse. These works of hers are quietly visceral. More about her can be found on her own blog feltbug.blogspot.com .

In her own words...

"I studied painting and printmaking at Maidstone College of Art in the 80's. Since then I have worked with photography, papier-mache, wire and textiles. The themes I explore in my work are related to birth, mortality and metamorphosis. I am interested in forms found within the human body and also in nature and the interconnectedness of all things. The line of a drawing becomes a stitched line in a textile. Finding ways of combining domestic craft with a fine-art training. Work becomes playful, rediscovering knitting skills taught me by my grandmother and then subverting this craft to elicit some kind of deeper meaning. The material informs the structure of the work. My life dictates the content."


No comments:

Post a Comment